*MICRONEEDLING CAN ONLY BE PERFORMED ONCE PER MONTH
Please watch the video and follow the tips
To minimise bleeding, please avoid taking anti-inflammatory medication, drinking alcohol or taking fish oil tablets for 3 days prior to your treatment.
You Will Need: Microneedling device, clean towel, brand new cartridge, alcohol solution, numbing cream (optional), cotton pads, surgical gloves (optional), serum (hyaluronic acid is recommended).
Clean your skin & tie back your hair: Any dirt, oils or stray hairs on the skin can increase the chance of infection or irritation. Double-cleanse (cleanse and repeat) your skin with your cleanser of choice to remove all traces of makeup and lotions. Fully tie back your hair, away from your face.
- Apply a numbing cream (optional): If your skin is sensitive, you can purchase numbing cream from over the counter at any pharmacist. We recommend numbing creams that contain at least 5% Lidocaine. Apply approximately ⅓ to ½ of the tube to the area to be needled, leave on for 20 minutes then thoroughly remove the cream. Once you’ve removed the cream, cleanse the skin again. You can use 0.1 chlorhexidine or 60% alcohol with purified water to wipe off the numbing cream. We recommend Isocol rubbing alcohol. This is to avoid getting numbing cream into the microchannels.
- Apply Serum: Use a hydrating serum such as Hyaluronic Acid before microneedling to lubricate the skin, helping the needles to glide and preventing drag. Do not use Vitamin C (as it can cause a reaction), retinol, exfoliants and brightening ingredients.
- Ensure device is charged (if using cordless) or you're near a power source if using while plugged in
- Open brand new cartridge packet and attach cartridge into your device Ensure hands are clean and don’t touch the tip or needles of the cartridge. You may also wear gloves.
- Choose your desired needle depth by rotating the dial on your device. For our depth chart, please click here - Depth Guide
- Work in small areas and apply serum to each area before needling. This will help to ensure that the pen does not drag or pull on the skin. The recommended pattern to move the pen for best results is vertical, horizontal, and then diagonal in both directions.
- Using light pressure and without dragging, repeat this motion over each area two times. Use your free hand to hold the skin taught.
- If you desire, you may wash your face with tepid water - however this is optional. Immediately apply Hyaluronic Acid to the area to calm the skin and provide hydration.
- You will experience mild redness and swelling after needling, as well as needle point bleeding. This is normal and nothing to be concerned about.
- Avoid working out, sweating or applying makeup for 24 hours. If you go outside you must apply a high protection sunscreen.
- If applying makeup is unavoidable, try to use one specifically for post-treatments or for sensitive skin to avoid irritation.
The day after treatment, wash your face with a gentle cleanser and apply a nourishing moisturiser. Avoid products containing fragrances or active ingredients (vitamin C, A/Retinols), acids (lactic acid, AHA, BHA), scrubs or toners which may cause irritation.
Your skin may experience mild swelling, bruising, peeling and flaking. You can minimise these effects by keeping the skin moisturised, which will reduce shedding and alleviate tightness.
Avoid exercising, sweating excessively, swimming or applying makeup for 24 hours. You must apply a high protection sunscreen when going outdoors, and avoid prolonged sun exposure.
2 Days Post-Treatment:
Optional: Begin to gently exfoliate the dry/flaking skin to help speed up the recovery process, and continue to hydrate the skin, morning and night. Please note that this step is totally optional and if you choose to exfoliate to speed along the process, be sure not to exfoliate with chemical or physical exfoliants.
Do not exfoliate if the skin feels sensitive - the flakiness and dryness of the skin will naturally subside.
3-5 Days Post-Treatment:
Continue to apply a high protection sunscreen daily and avoid direct and extended sunlight for up to 1-week post-needling. Your skincare routine should focus on hydrating and moisturising products, continuing to avoid active ingredients, acids, scrubs and toners.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your dermatologist or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this website or the product described for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or as a substitute for any prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a health care professional before starting any skin or facial regiment or if you have or suspect you might have a skin problem.